Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Each submission must accompany statement of originality addressed to the editor in chief. In case there are multiple authors, the corresponding author can submit the statement of originality.
Manuscripts must contain a title page with the title of the paper, name(s), affiliation(s) and complete contact information of the author(s), abstract (200-250 words) and keywords (3-5 keywords organized alphabetically) along with brief biography(-ies) of the author(s) (Maximum 150 words for each author) and any acknowledgments.
The main text must contain state the introduction, research problem, review of the relevant literature, methods, data analysis, and conclusion. The total length of the manuscript including tables, figures, references and endnotes must be between 5000-7000 words. Longer and shorter papers may also be considered depending on their quality and relevance.
The SAJBI Editorial Board or the Reviewers may sometimes request the access to data and calculations during the review process. Relevant authors must be willing to supply these if requested.
All manuscripts should be prepared according to following specifications,
- Font: Times New Roman
- Page size and Page margins: A4; 1-inch margin each side
- Title: 14pt, Bold, Centered, Capitalize the first letter of each word in the title except prepositions and conjunctions. Titles do not normally include numbers, acronyms, abbreviations or punctuations. Preferably the length of the title must be maximum two lines.
- Author Names, Affiliations and Contact Information: Times New Roman, 12pt.
- Abstract: indent 1cm from both left and right.
- Do not indent the first paragraph in each section. But indent subsequent paragraphs (1.5 cm from left).
- Do not use footnotes. Use endnotes instead. Do not use MS Word feature for numbering endnotes.
- Endnotes, References: 12pt
- Spacing: 1.5 lines
- Language: All articles must be in English and use American dictionary for spellings
- First Level Headings
12pt (bold, center-aligned); Do not number; Capitalize Each Word.
- Second Level Headings
12pt (bold, left-aligned): Do not number. Capitalize Each Word.
- Third Level Headings
12pt (bold, italics, left-aligned): Do not number. Capitalize Each Word.
Figures should be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals and labelled below the Figure (e.g. Figure 1). Do not add borders for figures unless it is required. Figures must be produced as black/white (grayscale) images embedded in the text. Tables should be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals and labelled above the table (e.g. Table 1). Only horizontal lines should be used to distinguish the content within a table. Keep one blank line above and below each Table/Figure to separate them from text. The titles of Figures/Tables must be in ‘Sentence case’ and in Times New Roman-12pt and center-aligned.
Use APA style for references and citations. Sort reference list alphabetically (Do not number. Use hanging indent).
Submissions are to be with a section of acknowledgments, in case any acknowledgments to be made.